PAW Manuka Wound Gel™ provides the following beneficial properties:
• Protects the wound
• Helps maintain natural wound pH
• Remove Malodour
• Reduces and prevents contamination, external bacteria colonisation and infection
• May assist in removal of slough and necrotic tissues
• Natural & non-toxic for animals
• Minimal heat treatment to preserve honey’s natural properties
• Special blend of natural waxes and oils to reduce the stinging associated with pure honey
• Non-adherent gel to reduce trauma at dressing change.
Directions for Use
Wash around the wound with a sterile saline. Apply PAW Manuka Wound Gel™ liberally (approx. 3mm layer) directly to the wound or to a suitable dressing. In addition using a barrier cream can further protect the wound margin. Dressing change frequency will depend on clinical circumstances. It can vary from once per day for draining wounds to up to 7 days for unsoiled dressings. PAW Manuka Wound Gel™ can be removed from the wound by rinsing with sterile saline or water at dressing change.
The ingredients in PAW Manuka Wound Gel™ include Manuka Honey (80%), natural Gum, bees wax, and nourishing organic oils. This product is sterile and of medical grade.
Contraindications and Cautions
• Not for use on heavily exudating wounds
• Not recommended for body cavities
• In the event of a slow or non-responding wound, please seek veterinary advice.
Always read the label. Use only as directed.
A light brown gel formulation – resulting in reduced run off and easier dressing changes.